Earth Day is the perfect time to teach little ones about caring for our beautiful Earth. They can learn about not littering, how to recycle, composting, gardening, saving water, upcycling, and so on. Books are a great way to help kids learn about these topics in an exciting and relatable way. Here are 10 exciting Earth Day books for kids who are in preschool or early elementary. Pair them with a fun activity for even more creative learning!
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the books mentioned. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
10 Earth Day Books for Kids
1. I Can Save the Earth! This cute book is made from recycled materials. Kids will learn about the importance of turning off the lights/wasting electricity and being wasteful with things such as using too much toilet paper.
2. Why Should I Save Water? This book is part of a series that also includes: Why Should I Save Energy?, Why Should I Recycle?, and more.
3. Don’t Throw That Away! Preschoolers will learn about reusing things and turning them into something else in this fun story with flaps. Check out our recycled crafts category for inspiration on an activity to go along with the book!
4. Big Earth, Little Me This is another one that’s good for preschoolers. It’s a picture book that teaches kids simple ways they can help the Earth.
5. The Earth and I Kids will learn about different things that make the our planet happy and sad while following the journey of a boy who plays with his friend, the Earth.
6. The EARTH Book For ages 3-6, this book talk about little things that make a difference such as using both sides of the paper – something I am forever telling my kids to do!
7. The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle A plastic bottle shares his adventure with his journal entries of how he was made and eventually recycled into something else.
8. Gabby and Grandma Go Green This book introduces to little ones what it means to be green with Gabby and her grandma who have a ‘green day’ together.
9. Recycling Is Fun Geared towards 2-4 year olds, preschoolers will learn recycling can be fun!
10. Compost Stew: An A to Z Recipe for the Earth This rhyming book is great for younger kids to learn about composting in a fun sing-song way.
More Earth Day Crafts and Activities:
Earth Day Sensory Experiences | Mom Inspired Life
Beautiful Earth Crafts for Kids | I Heart Crafty Things
Learning Resources for Earth Day | Something 2 Offer
Simple Outdoor Spaces for Kids | Messy Little Monster
Quick and Healthy Earth Day Recipes | Words n Needles
More Kids Activities For Earth Day
[ess_grid alias=”Earth Day Grid”][/ess_grid]