10 Engaging Ways to Learn with Pool Noodles
There are so many fun ways to learn with pool noodles! You can purchase them at the dollar store and even get them at a huge discount at the end of Summer at other stores. In other words, the 10 activities featured below are frugal ideas that incorporate hands-on learning for kids. Engage your preschooler with one of the number or alphabet activities or have a slightly older child learn with an easy science experiment.
Engaging Ways to Learn with Pool Noodles
- Practice spelling and sight words with this DIY Word Search Game.
- Fine Motor Play Activity using Pom Poms.
- Lacing and Patterning Busy Bag + 19 more busy bag exchange ideas!
- Jumbo DIY Abacus and fun math activity.
- Create Pool Noodle Structures – a STEAM activity that’s sure to keep them focused….engineering is fun!
- Reinforce letter recognition with this easy-to-make Alphabet Knock Down Game for preschoolers.
- For preschoolers, make a Counting Caterpillar and Lacing Activity to practice numbers.
- Count appleseeds with Stamped Pool Noodle Apples – a guest post we did for Life Over C’s.
- Practice syllables with a Wooden Spoon Caterpillar.
- Learn about Centrifugal Force with a pool noodle! (video)
Do you have a fun way to learn with pool noodles? We’d love to hear about it! You can either share in the comments or upload a photo to our FB wall.
Love these ideas!!!
I actually “invented” a baby product using these pool noodles years ago. While watching my son play in his crib, he would hit his head on the crib railing, and bite it as well. So, I added a groove to the noodle to insert it on the crib railing, and secured it with a colorful Velcro tape to match the room decor.
Also, it was used on the edges of desks, counter tops, etc, to prevent the kids from bumping their head, and worked on doors as well – to prevent the little ones from closing the door on their fingers.
Awesome ideas! Sharing on my blog!