There are so many fun ways to learn with pool noodles! You can purchase them at the dollar store and even get them at a huge discount at the end of Summer at other stores. In other words, the 10 activities featured below are frugal ideas that incorporate hands-on learning for kids. Engage your preschooler with one of the number or alphabet activities or have a slightly older child learn with an easy science experiment.
Engaging Ways to Learn with Pool Noodles
- Practice spelling and sight words with this DIY Word Search Game.
- Fine Motor Play Activity using Pom Poms.
- Lacing and Patterning Busy Bag + 19 more busy bag exchange ideas!
- Jumbo DIY Abacus and fun math activity.
- Create Pool Noodle Structures – a STEAM activity that’s sure to keep them focused….engineering is fun!
- Reinforce letter recognition with this easy-to-make Alphabet Knock Down Game for preschoolers.
- For preschoolers, make a Counting Caterpillar and Lacing Activity to practice numbers.
- Count appleseeds with Stamped Pool Noodle Apples – a guest post we did for Life Over C’s.
- Practice syllables with a Wooden Spoon Caterpillar.
- Learn about Centrifugal Force with a pool noodle! (video)
Do you have a fun way to learn with pool noodles? We’d love to hear about it! You can either share in the comments or upload a photo to our FB wall.