We have been making a giant ‘Under the Sea’ themed painting to hang up in the kids bedroom. Here is an easy Starfish Craft that both my 4 year old and 1 year old were able to make using a printable template. I love that it has a 3-D look to it!
How to make this Starfish Craft:
1. Print the starfish template from Danielle’s Place here (scroll down towards the end of the page to where it says Paper Plate Starfish Craft for Kids). There are 2 different shapes!
2. Cut around the outlines and then trace the star shape on to either a paper plate or cardstock.
3. Fold along where the directions call for you to make a crease. This will make your starfish 3-dimensional!
4. Paint in colors of choice.
5. Add any other decorations like sequins, glitter, and so on. I happened to have Barilla Pastina on hand which are teeny star-shaped pasta that I let the kids use to decorate their craft with.
Optional: You could glue the starfish edges to paper or just leave them as is.
Looking for more inspiration? Stop by our Under the Sea Pinterest Board which is filled with more starfish craft ideas and tons of crafts!