Have some fun with the kids today by making one of these fun teddy bear crafts. The first toy a child receives is usually a teddy bear, and as kids get older, the teddy bear becomes one of the most well-worn and well-loved toys. These projects celebrate the special place that teddies hold in the hearts of children everywhere.
These crafts are perfect for National Teddy Bear Day or any time you want to make an adorable craft. Many also pair well with books featuring favorite characters (like Corduroy and Paddington), or even for bear-themed learning units.
You’ll find activities here that are suitable for kids of all ages and skill levels. Some are as simple as gluing pieces together, while others include printable templates to make the craft easier with young children.
Teddy Bear Craft Ideas for All Ages
Whether you’re looking for a mini teddy bear to hold and cuddle or a paper-based craft to display somewhere special in your home, you’ll find a fantastic choice among the teddy bear inspired crafts you see here.
1. Paper Plate Teddy Bear by Artsy Momma: This paper plate craft is a darling choice for National Teddy Bear Day, Valentine’s Day, or any time you’d like to say, “I love you bear-y much!” in a cute way.
2. Corduroy Crafts & Activities by Artsy Momma: Is your child in love with the Corduroy books? These crafts and activities are inspired by that cute, cuddly bear that lives in all of our hearts and imaginations.
3. Teddy Bear Father’s Day Footprint Card by Fun Handprint Art: Dads are big ol’ teddy bears that need to celebrated! Just like a teddy bear, a dad is a cuddly friend who’s always there when you need him. Dad will love receiving one of these adorable cards from the kids.
4. 3D Teddy Bear Card by The Soccer Mom Blog: Speaking of Father’s Day, this 3D card is another great choice for showing Dad how much you love him. Make it extra special by inserting the kids’ photos in the heart. The card isn’t just for dads, though… you can make this cute craft for anyone!
5. Paper Plate Corduroy Craft by I Heart Crafty Things: This fun and simple Corduroy craft is a great way to bring the lovable character to life. The handy template makes it easy to complete the craft, even with very young kids.
6. Bear Painted Rock by Sustain My Craft Habit: Kids who are crazy about painting rocks will love this craft! It’s fun to hide these little surprises around your neighborhood to put a smile on someone’s face when they’re found.
7. Teddy Bear Softie by Felt With Love Designs: Use this free sewing pattern to make a delightful little bear softie. You can add the optional pocket and felt heart to make it extra cute. This is a wonderful project for kids who love to sew.
8. Bear Craft Card by The Best Ideas for Kids: Anyone would be delighted to receive one of these colorful bear cards. Add little ribbons to create “Mama bear” versions.
9. Cardboard Tube Bear Craft by Messy Little Monster: Turn a cardboard tube into a cute little bear with the printable template. This is a fun project to do with preschoolers and older kids, too. Make a whole bear family!
10. Pom Pom Teddy Bear by A Crafty Mix: This miniature teddy bear only takes a few minutes to put together. Any kid would love to make one for a doll house or fairy garden.
More Cute Teddy Bear Crafts to Try
11. Paper Plate Paddington Bear by Crafts by Amanda: Paddington has fans of all ages thanks to the timeless books and modern movies about him. This Paddington craft is made from construction paper and a paper plate, and the texture paint techniques make him look very much like the movie version!
12. Paddington Bear TP Roll Craft by Red Ted Art: Here’s another cute idea for Paddington fans, this time using toilet paper rolls. The matchbox suitcase is such a sweet touch!
13. Yarn Pom Pom Bear Craft by Easy Peasy and Fun: The pom poms used for this teddy bear are made using a yarn-wrapping technique. It creates a cuddly look, and the kids won’t be able to resist playing with it.
14. Salt Dough Valentine Teddy Bear by Grass Potato: Although salt dough ornaments are popular around Christmas, they’re loads of fun for other holidays, too. This salt dough teddy bear is a wonderful gift for kids to make for parents or grandparents.
15. Kokedama Teddy Bear by Adorablest: This moss ball teddy bear planter will look adorable on the desk in your home office.
16. Fork-Painted Teddy Bear by Crafty Morning: Try this fun painting technique with the kids! The fork pattern makes the bear look fuzzy and fun, just like a favorite teddy.
17. Potato-Stamped Bears by Glued to My Crafts: Potato stamping is such a creative way to make bear faces. You could even put some scratches on the surface of the potato to give it a textured look.
18. Textured Bear Craft by School Time Snippets: Create a sensory experience with these textured teddy bears made using scraps of fabric and other materials.
19. Teddy Bear Ears by Tea Time Monkeys: Little ones will love dressing up for a teddy bear picnic with these charming teddy bear ears. There are two versions: one to color, and one to cut from colored paper.
Painting, cutting, gluing, folding, and sewing… there are so many fun things for little hands to try. Which of these teddy bear crafts will you make? Pin this list to save it for later!