Have you ever crafted with doilies? We have only one time that I can remember and so I was excited for this month’s kids craft challenge, PAPER DOILIES. Not only did Little Sister and I get to craft with something different, we also get to be inspired by all the awesome doily crafts from others! We are sharing a printable ballerina poster and instructions for making a tutu doily to place on the poster.
Tutu Doily Craft & Printable Ballerina Poster
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
→ Download the Printable Ballerina Poster
1. Fold the paper doily in half.
2. Fold the left side inwards (starting at the center point) about 1/4 of the way.
3. Fold the right side the same way. It should now look like it has three triangles.
4. Flip over. Bend just the tip down.
5. Flip over. You should now have a tutu! The flat edge is the top and the ruffle part is the bottom.
6. Glue on to the ballerinas.
7. Add a leotard with glitter glue or markers. Add ballet shoes and anything else you’d like such as hair, stickers)
8. Display in the home, place in an art book or dance book, or give to someone special!
Little Sister has a dance book (binder) from her ballet class that we placed her artwork in. You might also like the sparkly ballet shoes craft she made for her book. This poster is perfect for her because she loves to ‘Just Dance’ all day long!
See more origami crafts!
This month’s crafty challenge is DOILIES. We would love to see how you craft with them! Tag your photos with #kidscraftstars on Instagram or come share on our Facebook wall. Follow the Kids Craft Stars Pinterest Board for more fun craft ideas!
* Doily Hot Air Balloon | I Heart Arts n Crafts
* Doily Lion Kids Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
* Doily Hearts Valentines Craft | In The Playroom
* Magnetic Dancing Doily Peg Dolls | hello, Wonderful
* Painted Doily Butterfly Craft | A Little Pinch Of Perfect
* Doily Strawberry Cards | Glued To My Crafts
* Doily Sheep | Easy Peasy and Fun
* Doily Roses | Artsy Craftsy Mom