Looking for something to do with the kids this Summer? Have fun learning and playing with watermelons! These 10 watermelon activities provide hours of fun and even involve some learning. Kids can practice cutting playdough with a knife or stay busy pouring, scooping, and creating with a few homemade play recipes for sensory exploration!
Learn and Play with Watermelon Activities
1.How about a fizzy science play activity via Natural Beach Living?
2. Here is a crazy cool watermelon scented moon sand recipe from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
3. Fantastic Fun & Learning has several awesome activities inspired by this sweet treat including a squish bag suncatcher, watermelon-inspired playdough, and a fun way to play with your food!
4. Two-daloo has an amazing tutorial for a scented rice activity.
5. Gift of Curiosity created a super fun do-a-dot printable pack – tons of activities!
6. Preschoolers can practice math with a simple seed counting activity. Head on over to get the free printable!
7. For even more seed fun, head over to Totschooling. She shares 4 activities total using seeds for a Letter W theme.
10. An easy yet fun boredom buster are these Summer-themed playdough mats from Totschooling.
Since watermelons are such a fun Summer theme for kids, be sure to check back for even more watermelon fun over the next few weeks!