Here’s a fun way for preschoolers to practice uppercase and lowercase letters and it only takes 5 minutes to set up. Stickers are popular with kids – we have so many! I grabbed the alphabet pack we had and turned it into a fun foam sticker letter match activity for Little Sister (4 years old at the time).
If you are like us and have a decent stash of foam stickers just waiting to be played with, be sure to check out fifteen more ideas linked towards the end of this post! Some of the activities listed include games, math, shapes and art projects. Plus, these stickers are great for fine motor practice!
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products mentioned. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
How to set up the Foam Sticker Letter Match Activity
Have your child pick 2 sheets of construction paper. If you’d like, write, “Now I know my ABC’s” in bubble letters that they can choose to color however they’d like. On 1 sheet, write uppercase letters of the entire alphabet in random spots. On the 2nd sheet, write all the lowercase letters also in random spots.
We placed all our foam alphabet stickers on a craft tray so Little Sister (4 years old at the time) could sort through them easily. She happily matched them to the uppercase letters. For the lowercase letters, she placed the stickers next to the corresponding written letter. We did it this way because as that time she still confused certain lowercase letters such as b and d. This helped her to see when she made a mistake without me telling her. Example: if she placed the ‘D’ sticker next to the written ‘b’ and then had to figure out where the letter ‘B’ went, she compared the two to decide which one was the right match.
When she was finished, we sang the ABC song!
Learning with Manipulatives Series
This week’s theme is FOAM STICKERS. See how 15 others played and learned below!
- Transportation Theme Preschool Activities from Life Over C’s
- Foam Stickers Process Art from Still Playing School
- Fill in the Bugs from Learning 2 Walk
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Decorated with Foam Stickers from Crafty Mama in ME
- Shape Puzzle with Foam Stickers from Mom Inspired Life
- DIY I Spy Foam Book by Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Foam Sticker & Rolling Pin Painting Project for Kids from Play Dough & Popsicles
- Letter Sticker Matching Activity from Books and Giggles
- Foam Sticker Writing Activity from The Kindergarten Connection
- Foam Stickers Name Puzzles from Teach Me Mommy
- Broken Hearts Puzzle from Adventures of Adam
- Seasons Weather Sorting Activity with Foam Stickers from In The Playroom
- DIY Game Board Kids Can Make from School Time Snippets
- Sticker Shape Matching from Play & Learn Everyday
- DIY Maths Game for Kids from Mum in the Mad House
- Learning with Foam Stickers from Squiggles and Bubbles
- Sight Word Crayon Rubbing from Raising Little Super Heroes
Did you like this foam sticker letter match activity? Here are a few more related activities from our archives: cardboard tube alphabet matching, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom activities, and this adorable foam sticker alphabet snail.