20 Must Have Active Toys for Ages 6-10
It is exciting to be a kid. And it is so much fun to get gifts, but you know what is the VERY best? To get a gift that you really wanted. In this gift guide for kids, I will share with you some awesome active toys for ages 6-10 that they simply will love to play with over and over! Some are classics that you grew up playing with and some are exciting, new must have toys that will motivate your kids to go out and enjoy the fresh air.
Active Toys for Age 6-10
Take a look at these fun outdoor toys for kids that are perfect for ages around six and up. Start thinking of what they would enjoy getting for a birthday or the upcoming holidays.
*These are Amazon affiliate links. Not sure what that means? You can find out more info in our disclosure policy.
Please click the product photos for more information including style variations, costs, and other questions you may have.
Toys for Jumping
Because every kids seems to enjoy jumping and bouncing on anything and everything!
The must have toys in this category are sure to have your kids using up their endless energy in no time. These day it’s extra important to encourage active play since many schools have cut out recesses and shortened the ones they do have (my 3rd grader get a whopping 10 minutes to play outside while his kindergarten aged sister gets that + a super short morning recess).
Skywalker Trampolines Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline with Safety Enclosure and Basketball Hoop, Green, 8-FeetThe Original Air Pogo Jumper by Air KicksFlybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick (Green/Black) – Fun Quality Intro Pogo Stick For Kids Ages 5 to 9, 40 to 80 Lbs – By The Original Pogo Stick CompanyBuy Jump Ropes Segmented Jump Rope, Rainbow, 7-Feet
1. Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline – It includes a padded enclosure system and safety net, a basketball hoop and soft ball for playing. A kid can have fun playing alone, with friends, or with family members.
2. Air Pogo – This looks fun and I bet my kids would love it! Besides being fun, it helps build balance, endurance, and coordination. It can also be used indoors.
3. Pogo Stick – I can’t say enough about our Pogo stick. It takes a bit of practice and is addicting once they get the hang of it. Everytime we have kids over, the other kids grab it when they are outside playing.
4. Jump Rope – I like this kind because it’s adjustable and the heavier feel makes it less frustrating to use than just rope.
→ See also: Fun Toys for Ages 1-3
Toys You Ride On
Whether is zipping around on a scooter, swinging, or checking out one of the more modern toys, one thing’s for sure – kids love things that go!
Razor Ripstik Ripster, RedSpooner Boards Freestyle – PurpleRazor A2 Kick Scooter (Blue)Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter – BlueIMAGE® 1M/40
1. Razor RipStik Ripster – Sort of like a skateboard but different. For ages 8+. “Inclined caster trucks and pivoting deck provide a snowboard-like carving ability. Unique design allows acceleration and turning without pushing. Concave deck for increased foot control.”
2. Spooner Boards Freestyle – This is so neat and has so many different ways to use it! Click through the photo to see 2 short videos of kids using them and how durable they are, like unbreakable! Even younger and older than ages 6 -10 are using them. Be sure to search for the individual colors too as all are priced differently.
From the product description: Spins, twists, slides, wobbles, and more! Virtually indestructible construction – no matter weather conditions, environment, or location, you can use a Spooner Board
3. Scooters – My kids love the scooters we bought them! They are reasonably priced and used often. They’re not the plastic kind so they don’t get that worn-out look.
4. Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter – This is a trick scooter with pair of rear caster wheels. Ideal for performing kick-outs, side drifts and spin-outs. My son’s friend has one of these and he likes to ride it when he’s over there.
5. Web Swing – I’ve always wanted a tree swing growing up! This can be used outdoors or indoors.
→ See also: More gift ideas for kids ages 7-10
Toys for Kids Who Love Sports
All of the outdoor toy categories in this post are great, but I think that for my son, this category (sports) would be his favorite. He is soccer-obsessed right now and is getting better at scoring goals since practicing with the net pictured below. All of these would be perfect for him to get as gifts! Which category do you think matches well with your 6-10 year old’s personality?
Franklin Sports Go Pro Youth Football Goal Post SetFranklin Blackhawk Portable Soccer Goal, SmallCOOP Spring SlamSKLZ Shot Spotz – Basketball Training MarkersLifetime 1221 Pro Court Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch BackboardBest Kids Ring Frisbees [Green/Orange] Play Ultimate Toss Games with Friends and Family Outdoors – Indoor Gym Flying Disc Toys for Top Frisby Golf – Sports Christmas Gifts & Birthday Presents Frisbie
More Fun Outdoor Toys for Kids
Nowadays, children need the extra encouragement to head outside. Here are some of the best toys for keeping kids active year-round. And you know what active translates into, right? It translates into healthy mind and healthy bodies.
6.5 ft Climbing Rope with Platforms – Swing Set AccessoriesJGS 20 Premium Quality Large Rock Climbing Holds for Kids with Longer 2Jazzminton – The Paddle Game to Rule them AllPOOF Outdoor Games Jarts Lawn DartsToysmith NightZone Skipsation Skip Ball, Colors May Vary
While it’s important to encourage outdoor play, it’s also important to encourage hands-on learning. These three gift guides listed below will do just that!
– Hands-on experiences for kids
– Fun Lego Gifts
– High-Tech STEM Toys for Kids
So what do you think? Isn’t this a great list of active toys for ages 6-10? It is a fun list that any kid would love to look through and pick a few to get as gifts and use regularly. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what kids are into as they get older and out of the younger ages. It all depends on their personality and activity level. So if you think your kids would love to get some of these, go ahead and share this list with family members (especially grandparents!) for them to get some great ideas for gifts to give kids.