Chia seeds are seen as a superfood to many because of the nutrients they provide and are considered healthier than other well-known health foods. They can easily be incorporated into recipes since they are on the bland side. We love smoothies so today we are sharing a chia smoothie recipe that includes a banana, blueberries, and strawberries. It makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack. See how easy it is to make this Bananaberry Chia Smoothie recipe below!
1 ripe small banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
2 tsp chia seeds
1 cup almond milk or substitute with similar
sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
2 cups of ice
Bananaberry Chia Smoothie Recipe Directions:
1. Wash the blueberries and strawberries. Remove the stem of the strawberry and cut into quarters.
2. Peel and slice the banana.
3. Place the banana slices, blueberries, and quartered strawberries in the blender.
4. Add the sweetener and chia seeds.
5. Add ice.
6. Pour in the almond milk (or similar).
7. Blend all of the ingredients until you get a nice smoothie consistency.
8. Pour into a glass.
9. Embellish with a strawberry.
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are a rich source of the B vitamins thiamine and niacin, and a good source of the B vitamins riboflavin and folate as well as the dietary minerals calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc (Wikipedia). A tiny tablespoon of chia seeds provides protein, fiber, and antioxidants.