10 Book-themed Crafts and Activities for Kids
My kids have several favorite books that we read over and over again. We love expanding our reading to book related crafts and activities. Today, in honor of Read Across America Day (March 2nd), we will share 10 of our favorite books and how we played, crafted and learned using these books!
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the books mentioned in this post. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
Book-themed Crafts and Activities for Kids
1. Dr Seuss’s Horton Hears A Who Pop Up Book + DIY Elephant Ears, Trunk, and Pink Clover Craft
Do you know of a little one who wouldn’t like to pretend to be an elephant?! My son was so excited and pretended to be an elephant for days after we made this elephant set!
2. Little Cloud by Eric Carle + Homemade Cloud Dough Fun
My kids loved squeezing and molding cloud dough to make fun shapes. It’s beautiful sensory play and great activity for little hands.
3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle + Caterpillar Craft and Storytelling Bag
Who wouldn’t love feeding the little caterpillar and turning it into a beautiful butterfly! Plus, we learned numbers as we played!
4. Izzy the Ice-Cream Fairy by Tim Bugbird + Puffy Paint Recipe and Ice Cream Crafts
We made 3 different crafts with ice cream theme along with a sparkly glitter puffy paint recipe. Give it a try with your kids!
5. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn + DIY Chester the Raccoon Puppets
This is the perfect craft for kids who are just about to attend school for the first time, especially preschoolers and kindergartners. Ease their first day anxieties with an adorable Chester puppet!
6. Snakes! by David T. Greenburg + Paper Plate Snakes
Easy and fun craft where you can use many different painting techniques with your kids. We made 2 different snakes, one green and one orange. What color will be your paper plate snake?
7. How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? + Dinosaur Feet Box Craft
Kids will enjoy pretending to be a dinosaur and stomping around like a dino!
8. Monster Musical Chairs (Mathstart: Level 1 (Prebound) by Stuart J. Murphy! + Monster Crafts and Activities
Most of kids love monsters, including my son! So we created monsters in 2 different ways and even had a monster snack in between!
9. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom + Alphabet Tree Craft and Storytelling Idea
We retold this popular story in 2 different ways, through craft and magnet board activity. Learning letters is so much fun this way!
10. Horns to Toes and In Between by Sandra Boynton + Easy Horns Headband Craft
Counting fingers and wearing horns make learning body parts interesting and fun!
Are you following our Story + Art Pinterest Board?