Learning sight words is very important when it comes to reading success. In my experience, children need to memorize and learn to read sight words to be able to do better contextual reading. Creative preschool learning themes are also important, to make connections between activities and maximize learning. Take a look at these fun sight word activities for preschoolers!
Sight Word Activities for Preschoolers
- This free printable cookie tray activity can be used as a quiet activity at home or be taking on-the-go! Includes a DIY tile magnet letters tutorial and a sheet for 3-letter words as well as one for 4-letter words.
Sight Word High Five Game | School Time Snippets
- Get your preschooler moving with this gross motor sight words activity. Kids will love ‘high fiving’ the colorful foam hands and may even cause some giggling!
“Family” Pop Art Coloring Page | Pink Stripey Socks
- In this everyday words activity, kids will create pop art around a specific word. Besides being an enjoyable coloring activity, it encourages your preschooler to tap into their creative side!
Roll and Write Sight Words Activity | I Heart Crafty Things
- This printable activity is a great way to reinforce sight words by making it a game. They will use the see it – say it – write it method to make learning to spell ‘stick.’
Digital Art with Color Sight Words | Hand Made Kids Art
- Preschoolers will incorporate STEAM into this color sight words activity as well as use skills used in everyday life. They will learn different keyboard functions to create digital art – fun!
Paint Sample Sight Word Puzzles | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- This DIY busy box style learning game helps little ones practice spelling. It’s made with paint chips making it an inexpensive activity to set up for the kids.
See all the creative preschool learning themes here!