Painting with a Loofah | Stamped Apple Craft for Kids
Have you ever bought a bath loofah only to have it fall apart right away?
I had two that fell apart before even using and rather than throw them away, I repurposed them into mini loofahs for making crafts. The first painting activity we made was a stamped apple craft.
How to make the mini bath loofahs
- Pull the loofah completely apart.
- Cut into smaller sections.
- Wrap/fold/bunch it so that it forms a ball shape.
- Leave the top part sticking out to create a handle. Add a tiny rubberband or tie closed.
How to make the stamped apple craft
- Press the loofah stamp into red paint (or any apple color). I placed the paint on a paper plate which made it easy to dab off excess paint before stamping the paper.
- Stamp the paper.
- Add green thumbprints at the top of each apple. We used ink for our thumbprints.
My 3 year old loved how fun and simple this was! We each made a painting while Big Brother was at school.
I love the beautiful textured effect of the loofah in the apple prints. They came out beautifully. We will have to try that.
We went a little crazy with stamped projects because the texture is so awesome!
I love the design it makes! It’s fun to try stamping with different things! 🙂
These look so fun! I have a preschooler at home that I try to do fun activities with each day while the other kids at school. This will be perfect!
This is such a cute idea! I love the textured look. I am pinning…
Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great weekend,
Thanks for pinning Beth!