DIY Patriotic Star Wand for the 4th of July
Help kids get into the holiday spirit with this DIY Patriotic Star Wand for the 4th of July. It would be fun to wave around at parades and makes a great photo prop. Use it all year long for pretend play – you could even change the colors to whatever the child’s favorites are.
DIY Patriotic Star Wand Tutorial
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. **We love when our blog partners, CraftProjectIdeas, sends us a box of craft supplies to create fun stuff with. For this craft, we used their wood dowels which are available to purchase from Walmart.
- Wood Dowels – round
- Square Wood Dowel for handle (or use a circular one)
- Glue – I used Mod Podge because it’s easy to paint on.
- Ribbon – all different colors
- Lighter (Adults Only!) – to singe the end of the ribbons or use a seam sealer to prevent fraying
- Craft Foam
- Glitter Glue Pens
Make the ribbons curly by following this korker bow tutorial.
How to make the Patriotic Parade Wand
- Paint the wooden dowel with glue. I just did a section at a time.
- Wrap the ribbon around it. Start with it on a slight angle.
- Tie the curly ribbons near the top one at a time. Leava a little room for the star.
- Cut a star shape from the craft foam. Trace around it and cut that one out for the other side of the wand.
- Glue the 2 star pieces together so that the the dowel is in between them.
- Use a glitter glue pen around the edges of the star. This will hide the seam plus it doesn’t get everywhere like loose glitter does.
Our Patriotic Korker Bows we made a few years ago match perfectly with this star wand!
More Fourth Of July Craft Ideas
[ess_grid alias=”Fourth of July Grid”][/ess_grid]