Here’s a festive way to upcycle a k cup into something useful, make a k cup reindeer candy holder! It makes a fun idea for a Christmas activity to do with the kids and makes the cutest decoration. My kids love things that ‘mini’ and of course love m&m’s!
K Cup Reindeer Candy Holder Tutorial
*This post contains affiliate links. Our full disclosure policy can be found here.
- k cup, empty and clean
- brown spray paint
- brown pipe cleaners
- red button or small red pom pom
- googly eyes
- low temp hot glue gun
- red and green M&M’s or other small candies
Creativity Street Big Box of Chenille Stems, 150-Count, Assorted ColorsKrylon 52501 Paint Enamel, 12 oz, Leather BrownAdhesive Technologies Two-Temp Glue GunWatch them wiggle eyes, Black(500 PIECES) – BULKSampler Pack Single-Cup Coffee for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 40 CountBig Bag of Christmas Craft & Sewing Buttons
1. Start by spraying the k cup with the brown spray paint. Let dry. If needed, re-spray with a second coat.
2. Once dry, hot glue 2 googly eyes onto the front of the k cup.
3. Then, glue on the red nose using a button, pom pom, gem and so on.
4. Next, use the scissors to gently poke a hole into the top side of the of the k-cup. Repeat on the other side.
5. Cut 2 pieces of brown pipe cleaner about 2-3″ long. Insert these in the smalls holes you made in step 4.
6. Then, cut 2 shorter pieces of brown pipe cleaner and gently wrap them around the longer pieces to form the reindeer’s antlers.
8. Now they’re ready to be filled with candy!
How cute would this reindeer k cup candy holder idea be for a Christmas playgroup activity!? Here’s a super cute handprint reindeer candy cane holder I made with my son that also makes a cute Christmas decoration.