Charming Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Owl Craft Using Hearts
Have you been following along with our paper plate Valentine’s Day crafts? Today’s post adds another one to the series. My daughter is obsessed with owls and absolutely adores this paper plate Valentine’s Day owl craft. Pair it with one of the owl-dorable books listed below to make craft time even more fun!
How to make the Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Owl Craft
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- paper plate
- pink craft paint
- craft foam sheets: pink, red, black
- Valentines scrapbook paper
Related: You may also enjoy these fun owl snack ideas!
1. Place an old newspaper down before you start crafting. This will help keep the mess easy to clean up.
2. Paint the top of your plate pink and let dry.
3. Cut out two large circles from the red craft foam (trace a cup to get perfect circles).
4. Then, cut out the following from the pink craft foam: two small triangles for ears, one slightly larger triangle for a beak, and two hearts to fit in the red circles.
5. Next, cut two tiny circle from the black craft foam.
6. Start assembling the owl’s eyes by gluing your hearts onto the red circles and then the black circles onto the hearts. Glue the assembled eyes to the top center of the pink plate.
7. Glue the pink ears above the eyes and the pink beak below the eyes.
8. Fold the patterned scrapbook paper in half twice and cut out two large even hearts. Glue them on the sides of the plate to look like wings.
Owl Books for Valentine’s Day
*Click the photos for more info.
Whooo Loves You? (Padded Cloth Covers with Lift-the-Flaps)Be MineOwl Always Love You: You’re Forever In My Heart
So cute! This may be my favorite one yet! Incase you missed it, we also shared a lovable ladybug craft, heart panda, and Valentine’s Day fish craft.
We would love for you to pin this cute Valentine’s Day Owl Craft! Find more Valentine’s Day ideas here.
Animal Themed Craft Ideas:
[ess_grid alias=”Animal Themed”][/ess_grid]
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
[ess_grid alias=”Valentine Crafts”][/ess_grid]
I came across your idea on Pinterest. I loved your idea so much and thought it was so well put together I added it in my post of ’70 plus Super Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts To Do With Your Kids’. You can see where I added your idea and credited it back to this post here. Thank you for giving my readers and I something easy and fun to do with our kids this Valentine’s holiday.