Do you remember dreaming of what you wanted to be when you got older? It’s so fun to see how my kids answer this question. Recently, the creative preschoolers explored a ‘When I Grow Up’ preschool theme. I loved the variety of activities and most if it works for a community workers theme too.
When I Grow Up and Future Career Activities
1. Future Career Collage and Printable – Little Sister decided that she wanted to now be a rock star. She made a super simple collage craft. The kids and I also colored a ‘Follow Your Rainbow’ coloring page which you can print for free.
2. “When I Grow Up” Emergent Reader Printable – For a bit of learning fun for preschoolers who are learning to read, you may like this emergent reader printable from I Heart Crafty Things
3. When I Grow Up Color and Write Free Printable – Head over to A Little Pinch of Perfect to get a coloring page for kids to design and color as their future job. It also includes a bit of writing practice!
4. When I Grow Up- Fortune Teller Fun – Remember cootie catchers? I used to love playing with them! Head over to Pink Stripey Socks to see how your preschooler can make their very own careers cootie catcher.
5. “When I Grow Up” Digital Photo Challenge – Have the kids make a drawing of their future workplace and then put them in the picture. See how to make this awesome idea over at Hand Made Kids Art
6. When I Grow Up Flashcards – School Time Snippets shares multiple uses for these flashcards. What clever ways would you play with them?
More Ways to Explore Future Careers with Preschoolers
See all the Creative Preschool Learning Themes here.