How cute is this is the paper plate fish craft!? And it is so easy to do! Imagine your kids making this Valentine’s Day craft idea to give to their closest friends as Valentines. In this post, we will share with you just how fun and easy it is to recreate this adorable Valentine’s Day fish with heart shapes craft.
How to make the Valentine’s Day Fish with Heart Shapes Craft
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy for more info.
- paper plate
- pink craft paint
- craft foam sheets, red and purple
- large googly eye
- hot glue gun or regular glue
Chinet Premium Paper Plates, 36 Count
DecoArt Multi-Surface Neon Paint, Pink
Foam-Sheets 50-Pack, Rainbow Colors
Wiggle Googly Eyes
Scotch Multi-Purpose Scissor, 8-Inches
Creative Arts Flat Paintbrushes
Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun
Elmer’s School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces
See also: heart-shaped handprint swans
1. Lay down a piece of an old newspaper before you get started.
2. Squirt about a teaspoon sized amount of pink paint onto the center of your paper plate. Spread around evenly until your whole plate is painted pink. Let dry.
3. Cut out three purple heart and one red heart from the craft foam, about 3 to 4 inches high.
4. Cut out two more red hearts, one 1-inch high and one that is 2-inches high.
5. Flip over the paper plate. Carefully glue the points of your two purple hearts on to the right side creating the fish tail.
6. Now glue your largest red heart onto the top-right (still on the backside) of your plate. Glue the medium red heart onto the bottom of the plate creating a fin. Add the smallest red heart onto the left side. This creates the fish lips.
7. Flip the plate over so it is right-side up. Glue the last purple heart onto the center of your paper plate to create the side fin.
8. Finish by gluing a jumbo googly eye on the side with the lips.
We hope you enjoyed this simple Valentine’s Day fish craft and will decide to make your own! If you’d like to make more ideas that are cute for Valentine’s Day, be sure to check out these heart-shaped crafts! Also, we love including books with our craft-making experiences. A super cute book that pairs will with this craft is, My Heart is Like a Zoo .