This is a phenomenal post with a delicious idea for Snow White cupcakes, complete with recipes for the cupcakes, frosting, and royal icing. If you’re looking for party ideas, check out these ideas for planning the perfect Snow White birthday party! Come take a look at how beautiful these are and make your own with your little princess.
How to make the Snow White Cupcakes
First, make the cupcakes below. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, so make enough for your family and guests, if they’re for a Snow White birthday party.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup soft butter; unsalted
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing as you add them.
- Add vanilla. Continue to mix.
- Add half and half. Continue to mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to fill each cupcake tin about 3/4th’s of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Now, it is time to make this fantastic royal frosting. Keep in mind that if you doubled the recipe for the cupcakes, you will need to double the recipe for the royal frosting, too.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3+ cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- blue food coloring
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. If not creaming add the heavy whipping cream
- If the frosting is too soft add more powdered sugar.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and keep a stiff peak. If not, add more frosting until it can form and keep a stiff peak.
- Take half of the frosting and place it in a small bowl. Add 4-5 drops of blue food coloring. Stir to mix well.
- Add the white frosting to a pastry bag with a large frosting tip. Mash the white frosting with the back of a large spoon.
- Turn the pastry bag and add the blue frosting next to the white frosting. Using the back of a large spoon, mash down the blue frosting.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag forcing the blue/white frosting out of the frosting tip. Frost the cupcakes.
And finally, it is time to make the royal icing for the apple decorations on top of the cupcakes. The texture is so beautiful and classy. Perfectly royal, indeed! And with powdered sugar as the main ingredient, the apples will taste sweet and tempting.
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2+ cups of powdered sugar
- food coloring – red, green, brown
Royal Icing Directions:
- Combine all ingredients (except the food coloring). Mix on medium speed for four minutes.
- For this part, you will need three bowls. In the first bowl, place about 2-3 tablespoons of icing. Add 2-3 drops of brown food coloring to icing. Stir well.
- Divide the remaining icing into two remaining bowls.
- In bowl #2, add 4-5 drops of red food coloring. Mix well.
- In bowl #3, add 4-5 drops of green food coloring. Mix well.
Royal Icing Apple Cupcake Topper Tutorial:
- Find an image to use for Snow White’s apple. Add the image to Microsoft Word (or similar). Copy and paste the apple filling up the whole page in a grid-like fashion. Save the doc and print it.
- Tape the printed apple sheet to a cookie sheet.
- Tear a sheet of wax paper large enough to cover the printed sheet with the apples on it. Tape the wax paper to the top of the printed apple sheet.
- First, outline and fill in the apple using the red royal icing with a #2 tip.
- Use a #2 tip with the brown royal icing to outline and fill in the stem of the apple.
- Use a #2 tip with the green royal icing to outline and fill in the leaves.
- Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- Make sure that the apples are dry by gently pushing in on one of the apples. If they allow you to push in they are not dry. Allow to dry longer.
- Keep testing until the apples are dry.
- Gently untape the wax paper from the cookie sheet.
- Cut the wax paper into squares surrounding the apple.
- Gently peel the wax paper off the back of the apple.
- Make a small slit in the center of the blue and white frosting on top of the frosted cupcake. Place the apple in the slit.
I hope you have enjoyed this set of awesome recipes for creating Snow White Cupcakes with royal icing! I think you will love making them and eating them! You might also be interested in these fun cupcake tutorials: