Do you love watching Beauty and the Beast? The songs are my favorite! The live action movie is coming out soon and we can’t wait to go see it! So to celebrate, why not make a great snack to go with it? This Beauty & the Beast snack idea is easier to make than you might initially think. Mrs. Teapot and the little teacup Chip are two of the cutest characters in the movie. In this post, you will find a tutorial for making rice krispies treats featuring Chip made with royal icing toppers. They are fun for a Disney princess party theme or to make just because 🙂
Beauty & the Beast: Chip Rice Krispies Treats
This post contains affiliate links which you can read more about in our full disclosure. Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package (40) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Wilton Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 PackSweetips – Cake & Cupcake Decorating Tool Supplies – 31 PcsKootek 28-Piece Cake Decorating TipsGourmet Writer Food Decorator Pens, Assorted Colors, Set of 10
Heat the butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes in the microwave (or use your stovetop). After 2 minutes, stir until smooth. Add the rice krispies. Mix well. *If using your hands to mix, coat them with shortening so your hands don’t get burned.
Place in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Grease the edges with a cooking spray or similar. Use wax paper to press the mixture down evenly. Once cooled, cut into 2 inch squares and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment/wax paper.
Chip Treat Topper Tutorial
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- gel food coloring, yellow and pink
- black, pink and red food writer
Combine all ingredients, except the food coloring, in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes. If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Spoon the icing into a bowl. Scoop out 2 tablespoons and place in a second bowl + 2 more in a third bowl. Add the yellow coloring in the second bowl and pink gel food coloring in the third. Stir well. The rest of the icing stays white.
Beauty and the Beast: 25th Anniversary Edition – (BD+DVD+DIGITAL HD) [Blu-ray]NEW Beauty and The Beast Mrs. Potts Chip Tea Pot & Cup set Teapot Mug ( Pot & Cup)Beauty and the Beast Belle Birthday Party Supplies Set Large Plates & NapkinsDisney Princess Happy Birthday Party Pack for 16 Guests
How to make Chip the Teacup:
- Find an image of “Chip” to use for your template. Print the image so there are multiple on one page. Tape the printed sheet to a cookie sheet. Cover the paper with a sheet of wax paper, also taped down.
- Fill 2 small pastry bags with a #2 tip: one with the yellow icing and one with the pink. Fill a regular-sized pastry bag with the white and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the character with the yellow icing. Then, fill in “Chip” with the white icing. Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
- Use the printed image as a guideline for drawing on the eyebrows, eyes, mouth and other special markings with a black Food Writer. Fill the inside of the mouth with a red Food Writer. Use the white royal icing to place white dots for the eyes.
- Fill in the tongue with the pink icing as well as the decorative element at the bottom of the teacup. Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- To ensure that “Chip” is dry, gently touch one of them with your finger. If it allows you to push in on the icing, it needs more time to dry.
- Cut the wax paper into squares around each piece. Drizzle the remaining pink, white, and yellow icing over the rice krispies treats. Peel off one of the royal icing toppers one in the center. Repeat with the rest.