Making puppets has without a doubt become our favorite type of craft this year. My kids have so much fun with them and they are a great craft to combine with children’s books. We’ve had fun making puppets with paper bags, envelopes, craft sticks, and our latest favorite is making finger puppet crafts. If you’re looking for a fun and interactive Christmas craft for your kids this holiday season, try making this cute reindeer finger puppet craft. This darling puppet is sure to bring loads of smiles and giggles from your little ones!
* This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read I Heart Crafty Things’ full disclosure policy for more information.
Reindeer Finger Puppet Craft Instructions
Supplies you will need:
- brown cardstock paper
- 3/4-inch circle punch
- 2 1/2-inch circle punch (optional)
- small clothespins
- googly eyes
- red craft gem
1. Gather all of your supplies. From your brown cardstock paper, cut out two circles, one 4-inches in diameter and one 2 1/2-inches in diameter. You will also need to cut out two reindeer ears from your brown cardstock paper. Punch two 3/4-inch circles in the bottom of your large circle for your fingers.
2. Cut a small strip off the sides of your smaller circle to make more of a reindeer head shape. Now you can assemble your reindeer finger puppet.
3. Glue the reindeer head onto the larger circle making sure that the finger holes are at the bottom. Glue the ears onto the back of the reindeer head.
4. Glue on your googly eyes and your red craft gem. Finish your reindeer by attaching the two clothespins at the top of the reindeer for it’s antlers.
Now your cute reindeer finger puppet is all ready for play!
Put two fingers in the puppet holes, then have him dance and fly around while you sing the famous Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Christmas carol, or have your reindeer puppet help reenact a favorite Christmas book.
Make sure to follow I Heart Crafty Things on Instagram for daily kid craft inspiration!