Let’s have fun with penguins and polar bears! Contrary to what many people think, they do not live near each other. They are polar opposites, penguins live near Antarctica while polar bears live in the Arctic. Enjoy reading two books about these adorable creatures, how they are similar and how they are different. Then, be inspired by these penguin and polar bear crafts that are great for preschoolers and older!
* This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the books mentioned. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
Polar Opposites Book by Erik Brooks
Alex is a BIG polar bear. Zina is a tiny penguin. Alex lives in the Arctic. Zina lives in the Antarctic. Alex and Zina are polar opposites! They live on opposite sides of the world. Their personalities are very different, too. But they find a way to meet in the middle. Erik Brooks’s simple text and vibrant watercolor illustrations bring opposites to life in this lively look at two unusual best friends. – from Amazon
Polar Bears and Penguins: A Compare and Contrast Book by Katharine Hall
Polar bears and penguins may like cold weather but they live at opposite ends of the Earth. What do these animals have in common and how are they different? You might see them near each other at a zoo but they would never be found in the same habitats in the wild. Compare and contrast these polar animals through stunning photographs. – from Amazon
Polar Opposites Crafts for Kids
5. Handprint Penguins – Mommy & me prints
7. Pom Pom Penguin + My Penguin Osbert Book
8. Circle Penguin Craft – great for preschoolers!
11. Cotton Ball Penguin Craft – Free Printable Template
Crafty Polar Bears
17. Polar Bear Finger Puppets – Put on a puppet show!
18. Puffy Paint Polar Bear Handprint Art – fun way to make handprint art!
19. Polar Bear Paper Craft – great for toddlers and up!
22. Shaving Cream Polar Bear + an adorable book suggestion.
23. Polar Bear Mask – Pair with Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear?
25. Polar Bear Hand Cut Outs – Easy Winter Art Project