We have been going crazy making all kinds of origami hearts! They are easy enough for my kindergartner to make all by himself and he loved making them. Today I am going to share how we made origami heart bookmarks, which are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
How to Make Origami Heart Bookmarks
*This post contains affiliate links. Our full disclosure can be found here.
1. Cut the origami paper in half so that you have 2 rectangles. I made one while my son watched what I did and then he did the same.
2. Fold in half so that it is now a long, skinnier rectangle.
3. Grab one end and fold it over to the other side.
4. Open it back up.
5. Using the crease mark you just made as a guideline, pull one side up so that it aligns with the crease.
6. Do the same with the opposite side so it now has a V-shaped bottom.
7. Flip over.
8. Fold the edges up about a third of the way.
9. On the part that you just folded, fold all 4 corners in so that it now resembles a heart.
10. Place in a book to see how cute it looks!
See also: Origami Heart Corner Bookmark
Decorate it with stickers, stamps, markers, glitter – anything your heart desires. We placed stickers on the little folded areas so they would stay put. I also had the kids add a sticker to the front to hold the gap together. This part is not necessary as it will stay together even without being taped/glued down.
For another cute idea like these origami heart bookmarks, check out these DIY pocket hearts!