Raising kids is the most important task in our lives, but raising them to be readers is paramount. In order to make kids lovers of the written word, they must be interested in what they are reading. Why not start with some creative DIY bookmarks for kids to make? Wouldn’t these bookmarks get kids’ attention and give them ownership of their learning? Let’s take a look at these crafty bookmarks for tweens and other fun ones!
DIY Bookmarks for Kids to Make
Animal Bookmarks to Make
- Cute Cat Bookmarks – Pink Stripey Socks
- Funky Dinosaur Bookmark – My White Idea Diy
- Bookmark Owl – Gi Det Videre
Bookmarks to Print and Color
- Corner Bookmarks to color – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Zentangle Inspired – Easy Paper Crafts
- “Get lost in a good book” printables to color – By Dawn Nicole
Make Bookmarks From:
- Cupcake Liners
- Pom Poms – Rock’n’road
- Pearler beads – Babble Dabble Do
- Paint Chips – Mama Miss
- Ribbon – Sparkles of Sunshine (dodaj v searèh)
- Weaved Yarn Bookmark – ABC Creative Learning
- Tie Dye Bookmarks from Sharpies – Happy Hooligans
So what do you think? Which DIY bookmarks for kids would you make with your children? I know my son would love the monster page corner bookmarks, but my daughter would definitely choose the bookmarks you color.
Show your kids this list and tell us in comments which bookmarks they want to make first. I’m curious to know! And if you’re looking for a list of awesome books for your kids to read, check out these kids books about telling the truth. They are fun and with an excellent message!