My kids just love dressing up and doing pretend play – especially Little Sister!
We were recently sent materials from Sprout for creating an easy, no-sew Pirate Costume on behalf of The Chica Show‘s 2nd season that started this week (July 29th). My kids thought it was so neat that ‘Chica’ sent them a package in the mail …… tee, hee! Chica loves playing dress up and this season you will find all new ways to explore the world through imaginative, pretend play.
Please note that we made our eye patches slightly different by folding our felt black circle in half with the ribbon sandwiched between it. Also, my son was a pirate for Halloween one year so I mixed both sets together to create 2 new costumes that fit both of my little ones.
They had a fun pretending to be pirates 2 different days already!
They swam in a sea of water (pool noodles) and Little Sister had a box ship that she became Captain of. One of her stuffed doggies even played along with her. It was so cute hearing her say “Ahoy Matey!” throughout both days. She really got into the whole pirate thing!
These costumes are perfect for Talk Like A Pirate Day coming up in September!
*I was sent free materials from Sprout to create a pirate costume.. This is not a paid post and all content/opinions are 100% mine. You can read our Disclosure Policy here.
More Costume Fun:
- Easy-to-make Scientist Costume – also sent to us from Sprout…. Features a fun Kool Aid Experiment!!!
- Dress Up Time – more DIY costumes on Sprout’s Pinterest Board
- Homemade Black Cat Tutu Halloween Costume – so cute!
See our past related activities & crafts:
- Handprint Pirates & a cute snack idea
- Pirate Bubble Bath & Book
- Pirate Treasure Hunt, DIY Accessories, & Crafts
- Pirate-themed Sensory Exploration Bin