Have you been looking for creative ways to celebrate Earth Day, while still being kind to the planet and using recycled materials? Look no further! This post offers a great list of beautiful and caring Earth Day crafts that kids will love making together and then use to play and enjoy! There are 13 Earth Day activities total including sensory play, recycled art, The Lorax, and making your own paper.
1. Recycled Newspaper Art made with Handprints – We made several designs using painted newspaper and traced hand cutouts. This makes a great process art activity!
2. Recycled K Cup Lorax Craft – Teach kids the importance of our trees and then make a lovable Lorax craft!
3. Upcycled Earth-shaped Suncatchers – Recycle clear plastic into fun window decorations!
4. Paper Plate & Yarn Earth – The yarn gives this craft a cool 3D look. (not pictured)
5. Tissue Paper Earth Handprint Craft – My son made this in preschool. (not pictured)
6. Recycling Truck Craft – Kids Newspaper Art – We love mixed media art – especially the look of newspaper and paint. Be sure to check out the adorable owl we made using this same technique too!
7. Earth Day Tuff Spot – Set up a small world play complete with water and continents.
8. Caring for the Earth Crafts – We had an entire ‘Caring for the Earth’ box from Kiwi Crate. There were a handful of engaging activities with the homemade stamps and making our own paper being my favorites.
9. Grass-haired Little Friends – These are too fun not to make!
10. Earth Day Handprint & Photo Keepsake – I just love everything about this! Be sure to check out the many other themes too. (not pictured)
11. Coffee Filter Earth – A classic craft that is always a hit with younger kids. (not pictured)
12. Planet Earth Craft – Loving the textured look on this cool craft! (not pictured)
13. Epic Fun for Earth Day – Several fun ideas in this post! (not pictured)
To go along with these crafty Earth Day activities, check out these awesome Earth Day books for kids!