Dragonflies are fascinating with all their pretty colors, aren’t they? In the past, we have shared a dragonfly salt painting craft and as well as a craft stick + pipe cleaners dragonfly. This month’s kids craft star challenge is buttons. Every month a group of us collaborate on a craft challenge where we all use the same material and come up with a creative project using it. For this month’s button challenge, we are sharing an easy button dragonfly craft suitable for ages 4+.
See how other’s crafted with buttons at the end of the post!
Button Dragonfly Craft Tutorial
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
- craft sticks – we used regular-sized and mini
- cardstock, patterned paper, or construction paper
- googly eyes
How to make it:
1. Glue buttons on to the craft sticks. Ours have 2 bigger ones followed by smaller ones. Let dry.
2. Glue on 2 googly eyes per dragonfly.
3. Draw wing shapes on paper or cardstock.
4. Decorate the wings. Our baby dragonfly is just patterned scrapbook paper with the edges outlined with black marker. The pink dragonfly is sprinkled with glitter (I love Martha Stewart’s fine glitter!). The brown one has a watercolor background (leftover from a different project) with purple glitter glue spread over it.
Monthly Kids Craft Challenge
Button Craft Ideas
- Button Fish Craft for Kids – I Heart Crafty Things
- Button Pineapple w/free printable – Glued To My Crafts
- Ladybug Button Art – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Rainbow Caterpillar Button Craft – Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Invitation to Create with Buttons – Pink Stripey Socks
- Starfish Craft -A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Button Snail Craft – I Heart Arts n Crafts
- Fine Motor Button Fish | In the Playroom
- Button Birds | Crafty Morning
Ready for more creative minibeasts projects like this button dragonfly craft? Check out this round up of silly snail crafts for kids!