Aren’t heart-shaped animal crafts the cutest?! Who knew there were so many ways to use different sized hearts to make everything from fish to owls! Have a light table? Check out the fun animals you can make on it or have fun playing with a puppet. I adore the cute food ideas and might try making something creative for the kids this year .
Heart Shaped Animal Crafts
- Caterpillar and Snake made from Hearts plus a heart-shaped flower garden.
- Paper Bag Giraffe – so stinkin’ cute! I had originally planned to share her ladybug craft until I saw Michelle post this the other day. She has an entire heart-shaped animal craft series if you’re looking for more inspiration.
- Heart-shaped Snail, Ladybug, and Butterfly – we used free templates to make these cards.
- Heart Fish – and lots of other animals. I really like the dragonfly too!
- Handprint Swans – I made this with my son when he just turned 2 years old – he’s 7 now and I still adore this craft.
- Lovebird Lunch and Craft – Jill always makes the cutest food for her kids. This post also has a matching craft!
- Ladybug Cookies – sweet for Valentine’s Day or even a ladybug themed birthday party.
- Heart-shaped Owl Towels – what can I say – it’s OWL-dorable!
- Light Table Art – inspired by the book My Heart is Like a Zoo.
- Cardboard Tube Butterfly – we love butterflies and we love cardboard tube crafts so of course we love this Valentine’s Day craft!
More Top 10 Lists:
Ready for more Valentine’s Day fun?! Here are more Top 10 round ups from several other kid bloggers:
- Handprint Valentine’s Day Crafts – Fun HandprintArt
- Valentine Flower Crafts – Powerful Mothering
- Fine Motor Play Ideas for Valentine’s Day from Craftulate
- Sensory Ideas for Valentine’s Day – Wildflower Ramblings
- Candy Hearts Activities for Kids – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Preschool Activities for Valentine’s Day – Bare Feet on the Dashboard
- Valentine Snack Ideas for Kids – Something 2 Offer
- Valentine’s Day Ideas for Toddlers from Lemon Lime Adventures