Since today is Memorial Day, I thought it would be a great time to feature patriotic crafts for kids and activities that even toddlers can do. All the ideas are ways to make learning about our country fun. They are perfect for Memorial Day as well as the 4th of July.
- Jaime of Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails and her boys made torn paper stars that they sent in a care package to soldiers. Want to see how you can send stuff? Hop on over to read her post to see the website she uses.
- Get a patriotic playdough recipe and free printable flag mat from Teaching Mama
- If your kids like pretend play, then they love this Statue of Liberty crown and torch craft from Buggy and Buddy.
- Make things festive by learning how to make confetti eggs with JDaniel4’s Mom. Deirdre gives some helpful tips at the end of the post.
- Have fun playing with water beads like I Can Teach My Child – perfect for playdates too!
- Light up the night with an American Flag Luminaire craft from Look What Mom Found…. and Dad Too!
- Slightly older kids may enjoy making a 4th of July Wind Chime to hang up outside. Stop by We-Made-That to see how.
- This paint dab markers flag template (free to print!) from Meaningful Mama is great for younger kids.
- How fun-looking are these DIY confetti launchers from Piikea Street?! Head over to get the step-by-step tutorial.
- Isn’t this Uncle Sam craft adorable? Spoonful has a free template that you can download to make it.
- Let the child take the lead with an open-ended patriotic-inspired art activity like the cutie from Betsy Photography made.
- I love these patriotic parade streamers from Alpha Mom! They look awesome on bikes and scooters.
- We love handprint crafts! I made the handprint flag with my son a few years back.
- Here is another handprint craft that also uses a traced footprint to create an American eagle.
- Can you guess what Teaching Mama used to make this red, white, and blue sensory bin?
No Time for Flash Cards shared 18 patriotic picture books. I put a few of them on our library list! B-Inspired Mama has a great post about meaningful ways to encourage patriotism with kids. Wildflower Ramblings has 10 free patriotic songs to print for free – the clipart is so cute! You may also like the handprint flags and eagles round up we posted about on our other blog and our patriotic crafts for kids Pinterest board.